Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm so into Winter...

I've been creating ponchos. I've wanted to execute this project for some time, since I'd spotted mum's old woollen blankets in the cupboard!



I've really enjoyed this one. I can't wait to show you all the whole collection in the shop. Despite moving away from mum's woollen blankets (my 2 year old tell me they were too itchy), the concept is sound and looks beautiful as a finished piece. I've trimmed the poncho in beautiful fabrics, stunning hand-dyed felt circles or coloured leather circles become a feature, the neckline is trimmed in a contrasting cotton bias and finished with a hand-covered button, loop and leather piece.



These will be available in MissChief Maker store from March 2010 in a range of sizes from 1 to 7 years.

3 comments:

  1. I'm working on winter too, especially those transeasonal clothes & accessories. Love the ponchos, always a winner. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Girls! Always nice to get the encouragement from such creative mums...

    ReplyDelete