Saturday, January 9, 2010

To Be A Creative Family...

I was lead to an Australia internet shop for books, Fishpond, on one of my many days of searching the net. The books were very cheap so I couldn't resist buying a few creative books to start the juices flowing for 2010. PayPal makes it so easy to spend money!

I bought Amanda Blake Soule's book The Creative Family and Handmade Home. It got me thinking about all the fun things I do with my little misschief maker, but how I could be a much better, more creative and patient mum with her too. That's why Sarah Napthali's Buddhism for Mothers is also on my bed stand! Not that I'm a buddhist but I am going to try to be a calmer mother this year - for me, my misschief maker and my husband.


Handmade Home lead me to thinking about beginning to use that stash of fabric that i'm 'saving'! So as the husband watches an uninteresting DVD I made a mess on the living room floor with my vintage fabrics and embroidery hoops! One fabric was a skirt bought from Brisbane Antique Centre, another an old 70's curtain found at Salvo's and the other bought from the Canberra Vintage Show. I needed something to hang down the bare hallway and rather than the fabric stuck in the cupboard - they'll be on show once I take them out of the shop. My husband of course wasn't very happy because they didn't 'match'!!!