Thursday, January 14, 2010
Using that stash of fabric...
On a fabric scavenge late last year I found the most fabulous 70's queen bed sheet and pillow case set. It was in great condition and although the colourway is not the most favourable for the littlies but I could just visualise a great contrasting trim to spruce it up!
I kept this pillow case at it's full size so to satisfy the gap in the 6-8 year old size range in the shop. I trimmed the dress with one of the vintage fabrics from the Canberra Vintage Show and added a denim pocket which I cut out of an old pair of pre-baby unworn jeans of mine. It looked gorgeous on my blond, blue-eyed model! I've got a few more of these pillow cases in the stash so I'm 'planning' on creating a few more with different trims.